BREITBART NEWS: President Donald Trump made a moral and emotional case for border security and the border wall, saying in his January 9 White House speech that people build walls to protect the people they love.
“Some have suggested a barrier is immoral,” Trump said in reference to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s comments about the wall being an “immorality.” Trump continued with his fairness argument:
Then why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences, and gates around their homes? They don’t build walls because they hate the people on the outside, but because they love the people on the inside. The only thing that is immoral is the politicians do nothing and continue to allow more innocent people to be so horribly victimized.
Trump emphasized fairness throughout his speech. For example, he described the impact of cheap labor illegal migration on Americans, saying: All Americans are hurt by uncontrolled, illegal migration. It strains public resources and drives down jobs and wages. Among those hardest hit are African Americans and Hispanic Americans.
The president emphasized the damage caused by cross-border drug smuggling: Our southern border is a pipeline for vast quantities of illegal drugs – including meth, heroin, cocaine,and fentanyl. Every week, 300 of our citizens are killed by heroin alone – 90 percent of which floods across from our southern border. More Americans will die from drugs this year than were killed in the entire Vietnam War. Trump cited several victims of crime by illegal migrants, saying:
To those who refuse to compromise in the name of border security, I would ask: Imagine if it was your child, your husband, or your wife, whose life was so cruelly shattered and totally broken?
To every Member of Congress: pass a bill that ends this crisis. To every citizen: call Congress and tell them to finally – after all of these decades – secure our border.
This is a choice between right and wrong. Justice and injustice. This is about whether we fulfill our sacred duty to the American citizens we serve.
[Read More…] 33 views
- Border rancher: ‘We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal’
- Hoping to keep his seat and wary of angering the base, McConnell defers to Trump on the shutdown
- The IRS is recalling 46,000 workers to handle tax returns
- Nancy Pelosi Asks Trump to Postpone State of the Union Address
- ‘THE SMOKING GUN’: Google Manipulated YouTube Search Results for Abortion, Maxine Waters, David Hogg
- Networks Trashed Trump With 90% Negative Spin in 2018, But Did It Matter?
- Judge Blocks Trump Admin from Adding Citizenship Question to 2020 Census
- Huckabee: FBI Agents Who Secretly Investigated Trump Should Be Prosecuted
- Exiled Trump-Hating Politicians Seek Refuge at Leftist Cable Networks – Big League Politics
- ABC/WaPo Poll: Support for Border Wall Soars Among Swing-Voters