WASHINGTON EXAMINER – President Trump said Thursday that Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., lied when he said Trump slammed the table before walking out of their meeting Wednesday.
“Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I ‘slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum,’” Trump tweeted Thursday morning. “Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!” Senate Democrats from shutdown central call for ‘block’ of all bills that don’t open government.
Trump said he left the meeting immediately after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said she would never approve any funding for a border wall, even if Trump quickly met Democratic demands to end the government shutdown by signing a bill that did not include border funding.
Trump said that Democrats and the “fake news media,” which he now refers to as the “opposition party,” know that border security is important but don’t want to help him towards another “win.”
[READ MORE…] 113 views
- Border rancher: ‘We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal’
- Hoping to keep his seat and wary of angering the base, McConnell defers to Trump on the shutdown
- The IRS is recalling 46,000 workers to handle tax returns
- Nancy Pelosi Asks Trump to Postpone State of the Union Address
- ‘THE SMOKING GUN’: Google Manipulated YouTube Search Results for Abortion, Maxine Waters, David Hogg
- Networks Trashed Trump With 90% Negative Spin in 2018, But Did It Matter?
- Judge Blocks Trump Admin from Adding Citizenship Question to 2020 Census
- Huckabee: FBI Agents Who Secretly Investigated Trump Should Be Prosecuted
- Exiled Trump-Hating Politicians Seek Refuge at Leftist Cable Networks – Big League Politics
- ABC/WaPo Poll: Support for Border Wall Soars Among Swing-Voters