BREITBART NEWS: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will miss a second day of oral arguments Tuesday as the 85-year-old recovers from cancer surgery.
Chief Justice John Roberts announced that Ginsburg would be absent as the nation’s highest court heard arguments in two cases. According to Roberts, Ginsburg will participate in cases using transcripts. Monday’s absence from the court marked the first in Ginsburg’s 25-year history that the justice was not present to hear oral arguments.
The justice is currently recovering from a December 21 surgery to remove the cancerous nodes from her left lung.
Ginsburg was discharged from New York’s Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital on Christmas Day. According to court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg, Doctors found no evidence of remaining cancerous growths following the surgery and did they detect additional diseases. The growths were found during treatment for her fractured ribs, which occurred in a November 7 fall in her office.
Ginsburg has suffered from various health issues in recent years. The 85-year-old underwent cancer surgeries in 1999 and 2009 and broke her ribs in at least two separate injuries. Ginsburg had a stent placed in her heart in 2014.
[Read More…] 495 views
- Border rancher: ‘We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal’
- Hoping to keep his seat and wary of angering the base, McConnell defers to Trump on the shutdown
- The IRS is recalling 46,000 workers to handle tax returns
- Nancy Pelosi Asks Trump to Postpone State of the Union Address
- ‘THE SMOKING GUN’: Google Manipulated YouTube Search Results for Abortion, Maxine Waters, David Hogg
- Networks Trashed Trump With 90% Negative Spin in 2018, But Did It Matter?
- Judge Blocks Trump Admin from Adding Citizenship Question to 2020 Census
- Huckabee: FBI Agents Who Secretly Investigated Trump Should Be Prosecuted
- Exiled Trump-Hating Politicians Seek Refuge at Leftist Cable Networks – Big League Politics
- ABC/WaPo Poll: Support for Border Wall Soars Among Swing-Voters