BREITBART NEWS: Many mainstream news outlets appear to be purposely and dishonestly overlooking key facts about the U.S.-Mexico border region in order to push a false narrative about a safe border.
Breitbart Border and Cartel Chronicles Director Brandon Darby took on the recent reporting by CNN’s Jim Acosta and some social media postings by Texas Democrat Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke, where they try to claim the border is safe. Darby’s statements were part of his recent interview with Breitbart News Tonight.
In the case of Jim Acosta, Darby criticized the CNN correspondent’s video report where he stands next to the border fence claiming the area is safe. What Acosta did not report on was the constant gun battles in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, just south of his location. He also did not report that just one day before, authorities in Mexico discovered 17 charred bodies in the town of Miguel Aleman — an area about 60 miles west of where he was standing.
“For him to do that is so dishonest, it is outright propaganda,” Darby said. Darby also spoke about social media postings by O’Rourke who continually claims that the whole border is safe.
“Well there are some places along the border that are safe like El Paso,” Darby stated. “They are safe because there is a wall, there is already a steel barrier there. In contrast. in Ciudad Juarez, the Mexican side of the El Paso- Juarez Metropolitan Area … it is one of the most violent places on earth. If you look at the murder rates since 2009 there, it’s insane.”
In their effort to portray the border as a safe region, the politician and the CNN journalist overlook the fact that the border region is not only the U.S. side, but also the Mexican side of the border. These regions are home to some of the most violent cities in the world.
[Read More…] 58 views
- Border rancher: ‘We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal’
- Hoping to keep his seat and wary of angering the base, McConnell defers to Trump on the shutdown
- The IRS is recalling 46,000 workers to handle tax returns
- Nancy Pelosi Asks Trump to Postpone State of the Union Address
- ‘THE SMOKING GUN’: Google Manipulated YouTube Search Results for Abortion, Maxine Waters, David Hogg
- Networks Trashed Trump With 90% Negative Spin in 2018, But Did It Matter?
- Judge Blocks Trump Admin from Adding Citizenship Question to 2020 Census
- Huckabee: FBI Agents Who Secretly Investigated Trump Should Be Prosecuted
- Exiled Trump-Hating Politicians Seek Refuge at Leftist Cable Networks – Big League Politics
- ABC/WaPo Poll: Support for Border Wall Soars Among Swing-Voters