THE GATEWAY PUNDIT: President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday that he will not rule out declaring a national emergency to build the wall along the southern border.
Asked by a reporter about if he was still considering declaring a national emergency to get the wall built, President Trump asserted that the only reason he hasn’t done it yet is because he still hopes there may be an opportunity for a deal.
“I have the absolute right to do a national emergency if I want,” President Trump declared.
The reporter then asked what his threshold would be, to which Trump responded that it will be if he cannot make a deal with “people that are unreasonable.”
“My threshold will be if I can’t make a deal with people that are unreasonable,” President Trump explained.
There had been speculation that he would declare a national emergency during his prime time address from the Oval Office on Tuesday evening, but he did not.
“We can call a national emergency because of the security of our country, absolutely,” Trump said on Friday.
[Read More…] 46 views
- Border rancher: ‘We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal’
- Hoping to keep his seat and wary of angering the base, McConnell defers to Trump on the shutdown
- The IRS is recalling 46,000 workers to handle tax returns
- Nancy Pelosi Asks Trump to Postpone State of the Union Address
- ‘THE SMOKING GUN’: Google Manipulated YouTube Search Results for Abortion, Maxine Waters, David Hogg
- Networks Trashed Trump With 90% Negative Spin in 2018, But Did It Matter?
- Judge Blocks Trump Admin from Adding Citizenship Question to 2020 Census
- Huckabee: FBI Agents Who Secretly Investigated Trump Should Be Prosecuted
- Exiled Trump-Hating Politicians Seek Refuge at Leftist Cable Networks – Big League Politics
- ABC/WaPo Poll: Support for Border Wall Soars Among Swing-Voters