BIG LEAGUE POLITICS:President Donald Trump may use the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and a portion of their $13.9 billion funding to build a wall on the Southern Border, according to three U.S. officials familiar with the plan’s details, who leaked to NBC News on Thursday.
The USACE is a federal agency made up of around 37,000 civilian and military personnel. They are tasked with designing and building public works projects around the world, making them one of the largest public engineering, design, and construction management agencies.
In the case of declaring a national emergency, it is the USACE who would be tasked with building the wall, something they can fund with money already set aside for projects across the country and around the world.
The $13.9 billion is allocated to the agency through 2020, but much of the money has not yet been spent. In the case of a national emergency, that money can be diverted to fund a wall to fight back against the crisis on the border.
Among the funding Trump could dip into, according to the officials familiar, is $2.4 billion allocated to projects in California and $2.5 billion set aside for reconstruction projects in Puerto Rico.
[Read More…] 139 views
- Border rancher: ‘We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal’
- Hoping to keep his seat and wary of angering the base, McConnell defers to Trump on the shutdown
- The IRS is recalling 46,000 workers to handle tax returns
- Nancy Pelosi Asks Trump to Postpone State of the Union Address
- ‘THE SMOKING GUN’: Google Manipulated YouTube Search Results for Abortion, Maxine Waters, David Hogg
- Networks Trashed Trump With 90% Negative Spin in 2018, But Did It Matter?
- Judge Blocks Trump Admin from Adding Citizenship Question to 2020 Census
- Huckabee: FBI Agents Who Secretly Investigated Trump Should Be Prosecuted
- Exiled Trump-Hating Politicians Seek Refuge at Leftist Cable Networks – Big League Politics
- ABC/WaPo Poll: Support for Border Wall Soars Among Swing-Voters