BREITBART NEWS: Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC), a strong conservative and ally of President Donald Trump’s in Congress, was re-elected by his fellow House Freedom Caucus members as Chairman of that organization on Monday.Meadows, who is the group’s second chairman since its founding in 2015, has taken the Caucus to new levels that its also powerful first chairman Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) did not yet reach in the first two years.
Meadows has leveraged the Freedom Caucus’s 40-something votes to punish the establishment in Washington during big picture negotiations, fighting to ensure that Democrats and establishment Republican cannot effectively sideline Trump’s and other conservative views when Congress makes federal policy.
The affable Meadows first rose to national prominence in 2015, when he introduced what is known as a “motion to vacate the chair,” a resolution that if voted upon and passed would have removed then-Speaker John Boehner from office. Meadows introduced the resolution after Boehner retaliated against him and other conservatives for voting against leadership on major legislation during the Barack Obama presidency, sparking a grassroots revolution that eventually ended in Boehner resigning from the job before being forcibly removed by the cavalry of conservatives Meadows amassed.
[Read More…] 23 views
- The Budget Deal!
- President Trump’s Approval Soars!
- Democrat Tax Plans Are Crazy!
- BOMBSHELL – Former Trump lawyer slams Mueller probe, maintains president will be cleared: ‘Knock it off and get it done’
- California governor rebukes Trump in border troop withdrawal
- FBI scrambled to respond to Hillary Clinton lawyer amid Weiner laptop review, newly released emails show
- Never Trumper Erick Erickson Announces He Will Support Trump in 2020
- Saving Babies and DIA Psyops!
- TURNCOAT: Schiff Attacks Mueller for Not Investigating Trump Enough
- Texas Lawmakers Propose State Funding for Wall on Border