(CNSNews.com) – The Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics said the economy added 304,000 jobs last month, higher than analysts were expecting.
The number of employed Americans, 156,694,000, was slightly below last month’s record (156,945,000), and the unemployment rate increased a tenth of a point to 4.0 percent.
But the labor force participation rate increased a tenth of a point to 63.2 percent — the highest it’s been on President Trump’s watch.
In January, the nation’s civilian noninstitutionalized population, consisting of all people age 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 258,239,000 (lower than it was last month). Of those, 163,229,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.
The 163,229,000 who participated in the labor force equaled 63.2 percent of the 258,239,000 civilian noninstitutionalized population.
[Read More…] 34 views
- The Budget Deal!
- President Trump’s Approval Soars!
- Democrat Tax Plans Are Crazy!
- BOMBSHELL – Former Trump lawyer slams Mueller probe, maintains president will be cleared: ‘Knock it off and get it done’
- California governor rebukes Trump in border troop withdrawal
- FBI scrambled to respond to Hillary Clinton lawyer amid Weiner laptop review, newly released emails show
- Never Trumper Erick Erickson Announces He Will Support Trump in 2020
- Saving Babies and DIA Psyops!
- TURNCOAT: Schiff Attacks Mueller for Not Investigating Trump Enough
- Texas Lawmakers Propose State Funding for Wall on Border