BREITBART NEWS: Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) is running as the antidote to the alleged racism of President Donald Trump, using a “fake news” claim that he praised white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017. The claim remains a lie.
The president was asked about Charlottesville in a press conference in August 2017 after riots broke out between left-wing and right-wing groups over a weekend of protests and counter-protests around the proposed removal of a statue of Confederate general Robert E. Lee. Neo-Nazis and white supremacists joined the group protesting against the statue’s removal; “Antifa” radicals joined the group protesting against the statue and the far-right extremists.
The resulting violence, including the murder of one left-wing protester, was almost predictable, after local officials declined to provide adequate police protection. The media’s reaction was also predictable, as journalists suggested Trump had not sufficiently condemned the far-right groups. In the press conference, Trump made what ought to have been a non-controversial point: that there were sincere protesters on both sides, and violence on both sides. The media, however, took a single phrase — “very fine people” — out of context to make it appear as though the president had praised the Neo-Nazis and white supremacists, ignoring the fact that he condemned them repeatedly.
[Read More…] 199 views
- The Budget Deal!
- President Trump’s Approval Soars!
- Democrat Tax Plans Are Crazy!
- BOMBSHELL – Former Trump lawyer slams Mueller probe, maintains president will be cleared: ‘Knock it off and get it done’
- California governor rebukes Trump in border troop withdrawal
- FBI scrambled to respond to Hillary Clinton lawyer amid Weiner laptop review, newly released emails show
- Never Trumper Erick Erickson Announces He Will Support Trump in 2020
- Saving Babies and DIA Psyops!
- TURNCOAT: Schiff Attacks Mueller for Not Investigating Trump Enough
- Texas Lawmakers Propose State Funding for Wall on Border