BREITBART NEWS: Democrat Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York defended himself against criticism that he rejected his self-proclaimed Catholic faith by signing into law a bill that allows abortion up until birth, asserting, “I was educated in religious schools, and I am a former altar boy.”
In an op-ed in the New York Times, Cuomo insisted, “My Roman Catholic values are my personal values. The decisions I choose to make in my life, or in counseling my daughters, are based on my personal moral and religious beliefs.”
“My oath of office is to the Constitutions of the United States and of the State of New York – not to the Catholic Church,” the governor said.
Cuomo also referred to the Catholic Church as “anti-choice,” and added, “most Americans, including most Catholics, are pro-choice.”
What Cuomo did not note is results of a recent Marist poll released in conjunction with the Knights of Columbus, a Catholic organization, that found 75 percent of Americans want substantial restrictions on abortion, including 60 percent of Democrats and 61 percent of those who identify as “pro-choice.”
“[T]his poll shows that the pro-choice label on the abortion issue is simply insufficient,” said Knights of Columbus CEO Carl Anderson. “The majority of Americans – in both parties – support legal restrictions on abortion. Two-thirds of Americans want Roe revisited to allow for state regulation of abortion or to ban it altogether.”
According to the poll, 75 percent of Americans say abortion should be limited to — at most — the first three months of pregnancy. Among those who identify as Republicans, 92 percent want that restriction, as do 78 percent of independents and 60 percent of Democrats. Perhaps most significantly, that view is shared by 61 percent of those who identify as “pro-choice.”
[Read More…] 777 views
- The Budget Deal!
- President Trump’s Approval Soars!
- Democrat Tax Plans Are Crazy!
- BOMBSHELL – Former Trump lawyer slams Mueller probe, maintains president will be cleared: ‘Knock it off and get it done’
- California governor rebukes Trump in border troop withdrawal
- FBI scrambled to respond to Hillary Clinton lawyer amid Weiner laptop review, newly released emails show
- Never Trumper Erick Erickson Announces He Will Support Trump in 2020
- Saving Babies and DIA Psyops!
- TURNCOAT: Schiff Attacks Mueller for Not Investigating Trump Enough
- Texas Lawmakers Propose State Funding for Wall on Border