THE GATEWAY PUNDIT: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has “stepped down effective today,” reports NBC News.
McCabe, who served a brief stint as acting director of the bureau, was already expected to leave. He will stay on “terminal leave” until he is eligible to retire with benefits in March,” reports CNBC.
One source familiar said McCabe was exercising his retirement eligibility and characterized his decision as “stepping aside.”
McCabe has been at the center of ongoing tensions between the White House and the FBI and has reportedly been under pressure to quit from President Donald Trump, whose campaign is being investigated for possible collusion with Russia.
Earlier this month, the Washington Post reported that after Trump had fired FBI Director James Comey, he met with McCabe in the Oval Office and asked him whom he voted for in the 2016 election. […]
- Viewers approve of Trump’s first State of the Union address – CBS News poll
- Former Secret Service Agent: FISA Memo Intel Leads Directly to Barack Obama’s Desk (VIDEO)
- “SECRET EMPIRES” Book Hints At Exposing “Vast Corruption” By Barack Obama, Joe Biden & John Kerry
- Stunning Report: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Caught Leaking After Admitting “Trump-Russia” Collusion Story Was “Bullsh*t”
- BREAKING: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe – Named In FISA MEMO – STEPS DOWN EFFECTIVE TODAY